Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jay Parker

The live sets thread.

28 posts in this topic

Ok guys, i figured that as lovers of music and electronic music at that, we need a space to put up some links to some promo mixes and mixes from fave Dj's, producers and live acts around the globe. Including our own too of course.

:cans: :cans: :cans: :cans: :cans: :cans: :cans: :cans: :cans: :cans: :cans: :cans: :cans: :cans:

just put the artist first, then the genre in the post title and it should make it easy to find stuff by using the search function.  :cans:

If you have any feed back for mixes if a site user has posted them, quote the post title so that it doesnt get caught up in the general melee of posts...

Taken from Donnies General Thread, some other things we might like to do.

a) post tracklist

;) brief blurb about what we can expect

c) maybe get inventive and make a lil cover art

I generally dislike pimping my website on any forum but this topic kinda has to do with it, so here it goes:

www.deckadents.com

Currently we have 24 mixes online (including mine) covering a wide range of styles.

Hopefully you will find something that you like.

All mixes @ 192 kbps.

...well, most of them.

Loved your January promo Jay ...  Hot stuff ..  Cranked it up over a few beers with some mates on Sat night.

Awesome!!!! :cans:

Those two mixes were a real kick in the pants for me Djing wise this year.

I really defined my style with those two.

Hey guys here is my April Promo.

Enjoy :cans:

http://www.mediafire.com/?3mmrny5klj5

Good stuff, just in time to take with me to Melbourne today. Thank you kind sir.

Hey, when exactly is your anniversary? Congrats in advance... We'll be sure to toast a beverage to you both while I'm propping the Jester up at a bar in some dingy Victorian pub.

EDIT: Hey, sweet mix, mate. Jax wanted to also chime in here and say, "You're the man!". :cans:

EDIT2: And whoah, doesn't in crank'n'grind nicely from around the 50min mark!  ;)

EDIT3: Bring on that roadtrip!! ;D

Cheers mate.

Actual Anniversary is 22nd, This coming Sunday.

Yeah, i wanted the first half to really just burble along and then

really ramp things up to finish.

Well I havnt actually recorded a live set in ages. I sold my laptop ages ago and planned to buy a Mac Book  But I think I just had a massive bender of a weekend instead  ;D .

So anyway ,  the only thing I have of mine online is a breaks set I recorded back in 2005.  Its a tough breaks set , more like Plumps and Rennie Pilgrem.

Check it out

DOWNLOAD HERE - Cheyne Wallace - Tough Breaks

http://www.frontleft.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_download&gid=5

autechre - eutow

- one of my fav all time trax

i also like to play gantz graf to cave minds

;) ...        File hosting is available for your sets now guys ... just contact me if you need the hookup .

This is the early stages of my large storage solution I mentioned a few weeks back ;)

cheers man, it's not often i get to play on my own these days, most of my mixing lately is done with Dirty Hendrix - can sometimes be a little limiting, but a lot of fun nonetheless!

Might line up a few more solo gigs so i can make a few more online sets - all of my sets are recorded live - i believe a demo should be exactly that, a demonstration of 'ability' - u don't get that by sitting in a studio cutting and editing and playing to a wall.

hey has anyone heard of a guy called  "The Timewriter" ...  Im really digging his sets right now ... 

hey has anyone heard of a guy called  "The Timewriter" ...  Im really digging his sets right now ... 

The timewriter is making some killer tracks at the moment getting played by all the big guys.

I haven't heard any sets of his but his tunes are top shelf.