Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
masturfader

whats everone using for drums?

85 posts in this topic

You after a synth type drum machine or a sample player?

not really sure. im just trying to see whats out there and just looking for something new. hehe

What HPS said, for a sample player with a shitload of tweakability, Battery 3 is the shit.

personally i use ableton and i find Impulse is all i need atm.

mainly looped samples  and one hits which i bang through suppatrigga or db_glitch to really mash em up ,,have used the vocoder a few times ,also use drumsynth on fruity and randomise the sequence for some percussive stuff or secondary beats to run under the main loop ...depends what style of track im doing at the time also

E-MU Proteus 2000 (with Techno, X-Lead, and World ROM expansion)... and gettin' pretty tired of 'em. :(

Not sure where I'll go from here... looking for a e-kit that'll provide some more sounds to keep me going.

Also, Synchronic (http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?navid=71&langid=1&itemid=4481) is proving to be a bit of fun mangling up some of my patterns into new grooves.

ahh the old P2k - wrote many a hard-house song with one of them a while back. I have a soft-spot for these!

I like to write drums with Kontakt. I've got thousands and thousands of single drum hits that would be a waste not to use.

Mind you, I've started trying to create my own kicks and snares from scratch with a couple of synths - tho it's not as easy as I want it to be!

Personally I use Battery 3. But I am more than annoyed that it takes 2 minutes to load, checking drive A and stuff like that. (any tips on it?)

I am after a software sampler that does the job quick and painless...

I find my battery 3 forgets its config ALL THE TIME ....  Im constantly re-mapping my trigger pads out , and its very frustrating ....

Just for the hell of it I am working on a track with redrum RW back into AL6 in Ch2 and AL6 drum racks in Ch1, throw in some glitchware .

Redrum ? .. Hmm yea, i started out on that :) ...  It was all i knew , not a bad tool !

i have a fuckin tonne of samples but i hate them all, well some are good. i mostly collected them whilst i was using reason but now hate having to trench through endless amounts of samples for each song.

while i was using abelton is used operator. fm is genius for drum sounds.

now im in logic i have been using es/m or es/1. ill prob get into others like logics fm synth, but i may just wait till i can afford to buy fm8

i also have reaktor and have been using deadbeat's drum machine. tis a fun little sequencer for drum patters and can make nice percussive textures and layers.

Anything I can get my hands on! Seriously tho...

Battery 2 w/synthetic + studio drums libs

Logic EXS24 + Digidesign Samplecell & Gigapack libs

Roland SPD11 Octapad

A dozen sample CD's

Redrum and Dr Rex

Pearl drumkit

Bongos, djembes, timbales... alright I'm being a tosser now  ;)

if i need realistic / real sounding drums, then i for sure go for JAMSTIX! unbelievable what this plugin give you for this little price!

Jamstix eh ??  Never heard of it , but thanks for the heads up , I think ill be checking this one out ;)  Sounds hot !

yeah jamstix! you never heard of it? me neither until 1 or 2 months ago (over at cubase.net). i was allways looking for a plugin which will give me real drums for a affordable price. i only testet the demo for a second and was sure that this is what i wanted.

a really nice fact: if you buy (download) jamstix 1 now, you can join a groub buy, safe money and you will get a free update to the soon coming JS2.

for details: www.rayzoon.com

really nice fact 2   ;): you can control your BFD librarys, EZDrummer etc. throu jamstix...

the support over at rayzoon is also fantastic! read the forums over there!

check it out

Urs

;) ;) ;)  Sounds awesome ;)

Ill, be sure to check this one out ;) .. Thanks for the heads up !

Iv been mixing electronic beats with acoustic beats in battery 3 with a trigger finger a bit lately ...    then tried quantizing the electronic beats for a wierd effect ..

mainly been using these things:

2814962b.jpg

sometimes you gotta do a bit of sorting to get the best clarity, but even the shittier sounding ones can be interesting  ;)