Jay Parker

The top ten thread.

49 posts in this topic

Yeah, tell me about it...

One of my new fave producers out there at the moment is Montero. Those guys are just kicking goals left right and center. Deadmau5 rates an honourable mention as well.

I will think about my current top ten and post it later.

i dont know about my current top ten, but i have an all time favourite, its what made me love house music, it may not be much for some people but to me, its the greatest piece of work

Axwell - Watch the Sunrise

This could probably change depending on my mood but I'll give it a shot.

Aril Brikha - Groove la Cord

Reese & Santo - Back to the Beat

Theo Parish - Falling up (Carl Craig remix) closely follwed by Another Day EP and Teh Climax / Throw

Plastikman - Spastic / Fuk - depending on that mood thang

Kramer Dashwood - What has been joined by G.O.D 

Basementjaxx - Flylife

JB3 - Forklift - Joey's and luke's mixes

Laurent Garnier - The Man With The Red Face including the ashley bleadle mix i think.

Ricardo Villalobos - Dexter Two lone swordsman remix

Krust - Warhead - Both the original and the Andy C

I'm probably still not that sure about it as you also go through fazes in Artist and Styles but I think the above would represent at least those tracks/ep's/artist which I would consider timeless to my self. Some tracks like Jaguar probably should be there but...maybe next year. I'm sure most would know what I mean.

Cheers,

Ajent X

Where do I begin:

DJ Ravine - 10 Minute Micromix

Bob Sinclair - Rock this Party

2 Playaz - Tune (Radio Edit)

Paffendorf - Welcome to Africa (Short Cut)

DJ Zex vs Paffendorf - Rhythm and Sex (DJ Zex Edit)

DJ Peter - Trance MegaMix

C-Bool - House Baby (Verano Remix)

DJ Aligator Project - Blow My Whistle

Bazzheadz vs Jason - Now You're Gone

Asian Monkeys - My Happy Ending (E-Winter Radio Mix)

These are in no order and there are hepas more.

^ okay dude, seriously, get off the skitzmix and ministry of sound compilations

two words:

essential mix

hosted by pete tong, its a radio show from the UK

download every single one

and let the education begin!

seriously man, the buck stops with sinclair

whats with all the kids in his clips?

pretty suss, hes like the michael jackson of electronic music ;D

poor poor ravelander.

You really do need to get yourself an education son!!  I'm not dissing you at all, but believe me when i say, there is better music out there!!

Anyway, top ten for me,

Um....

(in no particular order)

Tipper - Ton of Brix (kicking bassline, and the scratching on the album version has to be heard to be believed)

Dj Quest - Gravelmuncha (not many breaks tracks stuck around for me, this one did)

Qbert - Choose anything from wavetwisters (rad movie, but rad tracks too.  Took turntablism onwards and upwards.

Hifana - Fat bros (musically inspiring for me, personally)

Deltron 3030 - Positive Contact (dream team of del the funky homosapien, dan the automator and kid koala, how could this album suck, had to choose only 1 track, so this was it)

Underworld - Born Slippy (Had to put it in, soundtrack to my mashed up youth)

Rob swift Ft Supernatural & Dj Radar - Interview with Coloured man (uber hilarious freestyle from worlds best freestyler)

Dj Shadow - Organ donor (extended overhaul) (shadow started it for me with a gig at family in 2002, could have put down a million of his tracks, but in the end went for the obvious)

Mr Oizo - No day massacre (why not, it's glitchy, bass heavy, anolog goodness)

Parliament - Choose any track (funky funky funky.  if you're ever stuck for an idea, take some acid and listen to parliament)

**list subject to change 5 seconds after posting, and mood of the day

poor poor ravelander.

You really do need to get yourself an education son!!  I'm not dissing you at all, but believe me when i say, there is better music out there!!

Believe me when I say it, Where I live education doesn't realy matter as much as in the city.

where do you live? hate to sound like the nerdy student teacher that i am, but education is important EVERYWHERE!

I live in the Northern Rivers in a rural, village area.  I know education is important (well now when the teacher gave me a chance and bumped me all the way up to 1 for english) but most of the guys here just don't care they live a Hip-Hop life in other words. 1 Parent who doesn't care what time they get home and doesn't care bout education.

EDIT: Come round my street at 10:00PM and you'll hear Hip-Hop/Rap till bout 6:00AM. I'm some of the lucky ones out here where I have both my parents, and they do care bout education.

I don't know what they'll think when I bring up the question when I'll say I'm just going out to Melbourne (Hometown) for a party be back round 2 weeks.  It will happen but I'll never come back (except for visits)

seriously man, the buck stops with sinclair

LOL that is ones oponion on the matter, btw "essential mix" can you d/l it. I'm just into Dance, Happy Hardcore, Eurodance and Country (nah that was a joke)

Great to hear you're all for getting that all-important education thing under your belt. :(

I never said I was good at school, I was moved for disrupting the class constantly (Teachers don't know good humour ;)). Although I'm not that bad at English IMO. I can too hold a good converstaion with all walks of life.

You commented by saying "....piece of shit song that simply appeals to the lowest common denominator of society. Closely seconded by Fedde Le Grande's "Put Your Hands Up For Detroit".

At our school social (Where shit DJ's come along and basically mix shitty tracks come) thats basically all they played oh and I Wonna Love You by Akon.

Now lets get or at least try to get back to topic.

Oh I found a new list in order:

01. DJ Tiesto - Power Mix 2005

02. N-Euro - Lover On The Line (The Real Booty Babes Remix)

03. Dreamnation -  Daggmask

04. Mr Tommee -

05. Banana Inc - Monkey Island

06. 2 Vibez - Just 4 You (DJ Zex Remix)

07. 2 Playaz - Tune (Radio Edit)

08. Paffendorf - Rhythm and Sex (DJ Zex Edit)

09. DJ Nefi - Music for the People

10. DJ Pantelis - Panama (Extended Mix)

All's cool mate. Sound's like your head's on straight and you have to deal with quite a bit of crap around the place, eh? And thanks for steering the thread back on course too. And yep, I've removed my post for the sake of the world who had better things to do other than read it. :(

(shadow started it for me with a gig at family in 2002, could have put down a million of his tracks, but in the end went for the obvious)

Awesome show!    :(

The Nalin & Kane mixes of Meet Her At The Love Parade and Lustral's Everytime are responsible for my interest in 'digital' music.

up to then i was a Beatles nut!!

and there's a track on an EP by Son Of The Electric Ghost that still gives me goosebumps - wish i knew what it was called!

calling it now that ravelander's an awesome gimmick. whoever it is they sure must be good at holding straight faces.

this top ten list is just about impossible for me. trying to think at the moment and it just hurts my head.

stay with me until damn - fac 15 ft cathy odgen is in the list though

hmm

evil 9 - towards the sun [futurefunk mix]

heel & toe - freeland

chase the sun [freeland mix]

believe (not cher)

sia - breathe me [mylo]

oizo - flat beat

ratm - bombtrack

organ donor

beastie boys - triple threat

there is no way in the world i could make this same list. spent bloody ages on it and am sooooooo far from being anywhere near happy with it. damn you jay. and damn your fancy lists

I never said it had to be definitive or overly decisive...

You notice how i haven't posted mine yet... Its still a massive work in progress to even commit to a list...

cop out!

song that is responsible for getting me into electronic music was daft punk's - da funk

bruxism you have great taste in music fyi

cheers archie, i was actually about to say the same thing about you, will have to check out some of the breaks tracks in your list though, as i kind of fell out of breaks just as evil 9 released that album and haven't kept up to date since.

What i'm really waiting for is a decon list.  Top ten of the day please Decon.

likewise mate ;)

i might have to take out a track and add scratch perverts - witness though damn this is too hard. way too hard. i have not got a single high contrast mix in there bugger this for a joke i'm giving up

actually need a norman jay tune in there and a spen track and something dimitri from gay paris has done (even though he's a greek born in cyprus...) maybe even an early chem brothers track hmmm no way the list could be complete without an elite force number either. i'm trying to think of songs that just get me from zero to hero in 1 second but can't.

i reiterate my earlier sentiments about this thread. bastards

What i'm really waiting for is a decon list.  Top ten of the day please Decon.

hehe, well like everyone has said, this is by no means definitive, definately a top ten of the day, and subject to change depending on all sorts of factors.

(in no particular order off tha top of my head, pretty much what I bumped in my car or round the house this morning...)

Tribe Called Quest - Rhythm (Devoted to the Art)

Ahmad Jamal - I Love Music

People Under the Stairs - We'll be there

Gangstarr - No Shame in my Game

Herbie Hancock - Maiden Voyage

Dj Cam - Dieu Reconnaltra Les Siens

Tom Browne - Funkin' for Jamaica

INI - Fakin' Jax

Quasimoto - Return of the Loop Digga

Digable Planets - Blackitolism (9th Wonder)

damn, too hard, but a good list for me.