Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
masturfader

Logic Users?

48 posts in this topic

Hey mate , welcome to soundpunk;) ..

Im on the verge of becoming one ...  Im buying a macbook pro soon , and im half keen to give it a whack ...  im a cubase user now , although i really want to give logic a bash so i can pass judgment on it myself without needing to voice other peoples opinions.. ;) ..

Thanks man, nice site! you wont regret getting a mbp . You will love it as I do mine. Its also nice to run a native DAW. Theres nothing like giving it a go firsthand.

Cheers man ;) ..

Yea Im sure ill love the thing .. the question is , will i become a Mac fan boy and make the switch ? ... tough call ...  not sure i could afford it !

Hmmm..... sure I posteed in here about an hour ago... must have closed the tab by accident.

Anyhoo.....

Silly question:

If I was to use the last version available on the PC of Logic, what difference would I see compared to the Mac versions, what would I be missing? Would the sound quality be comparable etc.....

My PC specs just incase you need them:

Athlon XP2600 Barton(O/C to 2800), Terratec DMX 6Fire soundcard, 512k Ram.

logic pro 7 here.

i am still slowly rolling up the steep learning curve.

uni has somehow taken over my life this semester so  i havent been totally locked into it as much as i would like.

i'm really loving the au plugs inside it. space design is genius and all the synths are pretty damn powerful

Nice one ,  im not sure we have many logic users here yet ...  so its good to have you onboard ! ;D ..    Iv been contemplating Logic for a while now too ..

i recommend having a nice size screen if your going to go for logic, there are so many screens, i get frustrated trying to use them on my 15" laptop screen.

i hope to purchase a 22" lcd soon

i hope to purchase a 22" lcd soon

Just bought a 22' wide last week ;)

i recommend having a nice size screen if your going to go for logic, there are so many screens, i get frustrated trying to use them on my 15" laptop screen.

I feel your pain... 1024x768  ;)

Man those things are getting cheap. And Samsung ain't necessarily yum cha. That would suit  me nicely (if I had something to drive it beyond 1024x768 right now).

Samsungs the best in my opinion  ...    Their well priced , top quality , last for years and iv never seen a faulty one ....        I spend a LOT of time designing graphics , so I need a descent coloured monitor , it cant be washed out , or over contrasted , and the leveling has to be pretty accurate .. ..  I often design things on my brand new DELL LCD at work , and it looks terrible on anything else ... I design on my samsung , and it looks great on anything ...        just shows you how you see a level of detail not seen on generic monitors ..

I often design things on my brand new DELL LCD at work , and it looks terrible on anything else ... I design on my samsung , and it looks great on anything ... 

Samsung LCDs... the Yamaha NS10s of the graphic design world! ;D

sounds good.

yeah i hate designing goods on my laptop, everything comes out skewiff and yuck,. i love my old pc monitor. ill trust your judgement cheyne. any others you reccommend?

Well the Apple displays are wicked , but they cost a fortune ,  the samsungs are the best bang for your buck in my opinion, they do it all .. Gaming , response , video  all very well ....  others are patchy ,, it they maybe fast but are too saturated in blue or something ...

Hmmm..... sure I posteed in here about an hour ago... must have closed the tab by accident.

Anyhoo.....

Silly question:

If I was to use the last version available on the PC of Logic, what difference would I see compared to the Mac versions, what would I be missing? Would the sound quality be comparable etc.....

My PC specs just incase you need them:

Athlon XP2600 Barton(O/C to 2800), Terratec DMX 6Fire soundcard, 512k Ram.

Ain't much to compare between 5.5 and 7. All new instruments, fx, behaviour, appearance...

Seriously, get 7 ;)

Well the Apple displays are wicked , but they cost a fortune , the samsungs are the best bang for your buck in my opinion, they do it all .. Gaming , response , video  all very well .... others are patchy ,, it they maybe fast but are too saturated in blue or something ...

for a while there, Apple displays had crapper specs than Dell equivalents, for a greater price... now that they've lowered prices they might be alright tho. Apple have a funny habit of simultaneously updating models and lowering prices.

I was a 5.5.1 user up until I switched to Ableton 5. I miss it heaps.

Apple have a funny habit of simultaneously updating models and lowering prices.

I know! New MacBook Pros are faster and better and $400-odd cheaper! I'll be back on Logic soon enough ;)