Cheyne

Introduce Your Self !

423 posts in this topic

Nice one bruv. Really want to get NitroTracker up and running on my DS, would be soooo sweet to be able to sit on the bus and track down melodies and rythms.

Hello Everybody .

I'm Orlando Plaza but call me by my nickname, Lalo if you'd like.

I'm 16 years old, Born in Victorville, California && have this wonderful passion for music and songwriting.

I've been singing since I was 8 and playing electric/acoustic guitar since I was 10.

I attended a Rock School in Hollywood when I was around 12 && actually got to record music with other kids in my band.

I was always more of a Guitar player until I found out how well my singing potential was when I was around 13.

Going through so many changes, it was hard to keep up with my music in my life && especially myself.

Puberty hit me hard almost making me want to give up singing but I kept on playing guitar only until I was around 16.

Now I'm getting back all into it, writing so much lyrics, playing guitar && singing at the same time .. Ect.

I figured if I wanted to start out in Music Production/Engineering, I should at least start somewhere like looking online getting all the knowledge and research that I can (:

This is something I'd like to take very seriously because my Dream Is To Become A Phenomenal Songwriter, Singer, && Entertainer.

Right now, I continue to practice hours every day singing, experimenting with my musical abilities, and writing endless amounts of poetry.

I'm very excited to have joined these Forums && I hope to meet a lot of people who can help start me out on my Road to Success ^.^

~ Thank You ~

Wow, great introduction Lalo, glad to have you onboard! Sounds like you've got the passion, I hope you can find some useful information from around the forums.

Make your self at home, and ask all the questions you'd like ..

Cheers!

I'm glad to have joined these forums, El Capitano .

I really appreciate the warm welcoming too, thanks ! ^.^

Hi my name is Niall (aka. Attyk)

Im 26, from Ireland.

I started out as a Bass player when i was 15, then studied Sound Engineering at 18,

since then i have been producing my own music for about 5 years or so.

I have also spent a couple of years helping a friend to set up a Commercial Recording Studio in Dublin.

Im only getting into DJing now using ableton live, but with my own Drum Machines an synths playing along side.

You can check out my productions here: www.soundcloud.com/attyk

(They arent perfect by any stretch, but i operate on a

"I write music for myself, and if anyone else likes it, its a bonus" kind of level)

As any producer will tell you the more times you listen to your own track whilst producing it

the more you lose perspective.

So do feel free to comment/criticise as much as you like. <I can handle it :)>

Fresh perspective is always productive...

Hey Attyk and Lalo, welcome aboard!

Hi everyone I'm rhythmboy - apparently I'm a global mod around here but haven't been online for so long I thought I should reintroduce myself  :D  Sorry guys :blush: you understand... 3 month old baby that won't sleep...

Apparently I play drums/percussion and produce tracks too but haven't done much of that lately either. Still lecturing in music tech and music perception/cognition and still finishing my f*n PhD (got an extension on it).

Attyk, I have been to Ireland many years ago - for some reason never made it to Dublin (wtf?) - flew in and out of Cork and did a whirlwind tour of the ring of Kerry. Wow what a beautiful part of the world - stunning!

I'll be round here in fits and starts... I still love this place :wub:

HEY THERE PEOPLE!!!!

Feels like home here!!! :D

My name is Shaleen.I m new to audio engeneering!!I m currently pursuing Diploma in audio engineering from SAE.I ve playing guitar for the last 10 years.I ve an IBANEZ RGA 321f and a KORG AX 1500g(Guitar processor) and  a PEAVEY vypyr amp.

I m here to learn a lot of information bout this field.

Hope i get help... :)

PEACE TO ALL MY FELLAS!!!!!

hey there Rhythm boy...Nice to hear bout you having been stayed here at INDIA....Where were you staying???I m assuming MUMBAI....I m staying at CHENNAI(South INDIA)...

Yes I've been to Chennai, it was called Madras when I was there 30 years ago though

7 months with the family, Delhi, through Uttar Pradesh up into the Himalayas for a month, McLeod Ganj, Rishikesh, Kashmir for a month, Agra, Mumbai, Goa, Bangalore, Southern highlands, Chennai... Lots of small towns and villages along the way. Absolutely fantastic life-changing experience :)

The difference between being a tourist and living somewhere isn't it? Tourists often see more!

My favourite place was Kashmir by far. My god what a beautiful landscape. The mountains and valleys are just stunning.

Rightly said...

Kashmir is said to be "The Heaven of India"...Its a damn beautiful place....its famous for its terrorism too...

I guess beauty comes with a price.... 

Hey there, My name is Matt.

I am a college student, 22, I am working on a dual major in electrical engineering and industrial design at Iowa State University.

I make electronic music whenever I have time. I put it on the internet as 8 Bit Cypher. Seemed to be the thing to do with it.

I play violin, been playing for ...like 14 years I think now. I also play bass, guitar, and mandolin when I feel so inclined.

I also spend an unhealthy amount of time on the internet and in the lab building MIDI controllers and robots. 

I listen to a decent amount of music, mostly metal, classic rock, punk, electro, house, glitch hop, drum and bass, folk music, classical music, movie scores and video game music.

Its going to be good to meet you all!

Hello all. my name is Dave.

I am an electrical engineer for a audio company. We make large scale mixing desks for the international broadcast market. I love DIY audio, mixing, producing and just having fun with music. I try to engineer and produce in my spare time. I don't profess to be any good at it but I get a lot of enjoyment out of it!

If anyone is interested I blog about various pro audio. DIY audio and general audio subjects. Please pop by! audiodomain.blogspot.co.uk If anyone has any ideas for blog posts or any subjects I should look at cover, please pop me a message. I am always looking to research new areas of music and audio. It's where I get my kicks in life! sad I know.

Dave

Welcome guys, really good to have you onboard. 

Please feel free to start new conversations on the boards or ask any questions you have. 

Cheers!

Hi! I am YeongMing. 

this is my first time using sound punk; and I heard it's interesting here!

Hope to learn and share with you guys!

cheers mate.

Timothy here from Visionary Sound and Sonniss. Hope you are all doing well.

I have been reading the forums a lot lately and finally got round to signing up.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Ahoy.

My name's Sam, i'm 17, hoping to get into the sound engineering business in the next few years. I'm on an Access To Music - Level 3 Music Technology Course, learning how to record bands, create electronic music and other shenanigans like that. I work for Robbie Williams sound engineer, and i'm off to his practice show in march, what kind of questions should I ask? 

Welcome!

I think your first question should be "What would you like me to do?"... and then do it. You might find part of the process if they're going to train you is to figure out if you're the sort of person that will be an asset to them in completing their work. That means some times you'll be doing menial things just to take pressure of the engineer or make their life a bit easier. On the flip side, if they don't seem to be giving you any knowledge or experience relevant to what you want to do after a few months... it's probably time to move on.

There will be opportunities to ask questions; be careful not to let your enthusiasm be overwhelming and draw back from what the engineer is trying to do and what they need you to do. I suspect you'll also learn a lot form watching what they does and then making notes if you can - or at least building a list of questions in your brain. When there's a break or you're sitting down together having a coffee or beer, that's the time i'd personally start asking questions. I'd say focus on your relationship first - if you're getting along well and they know that when they need you to do something you're there (eventually moving on to you knowing what they want/need to be done without them asking!) then i think you'll start to find there's more gaps where they will be happy to discuss whats going on with you during the mix/performance.

Hey guys and gals!

My name is Zachary. I stumbled across this page yesterday while looking for a EQ reference, and I've liked what I've read so far throughout this forum so I decided to make an account. 

I've had an interest in making music for quite a few years, but only recently have I decided to get serious about the idea. I'm looking forward to learning from the minds here in this forum.