Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jester_Fu

Understanding Speakers, Part 1 - Discussion

5 posts in this topic

So, here it is. Problems, questions or simply don't get some part of the above article? Post your question here, and it will get answered!

Article in the link below - you have to be a registered user to view.

Well... found where the article use to be. Not there any more.

Fortunately, i actually managed to find the original!!! Anyone who wants changes made or wants to modify it, send me a PM and i'll send you the word version so you can edit it. Speccy was my original reviewer - but i'd welcome any additional input on this to make sure it's clear and concise as an introduction.

Here it is in PDF form. Time to get cracking on Pats 2 and 3, then perhaps we could combine efforts to focus on speaker placing, room treatment and the fun stuff that really determines how good a speaker sounds. Who's in?

Yep, definitely deserves to be finished!

The stupidly limited time I have at the mo' (between work merges and soothing teething bubs) is for getting stuck right into dyLAB's Acid Glitch track, so I'm gonna have to sit this one out for the time being.

Plus I'm still trying to work out whether a bit of deep resonance around 60Hz is really gonna throw 400Hz out of whack, but I guess if one believes in something long and hard then it becomes real, yeah? Hmmm I dunno.

Hey - reality is all about perception. That thing... what's it called... ahhh - "The Secret" means that if you think 60Hz interferes with 400Hz and really really want it, it will happen.

Jester's wisdom for the day.

I did actually start on part 2. Will see how my time pans out. Interested in having it reviewed like last time. If anyone wants to contribute - even better because it'll get done quicker. 2nd one should be interesting given it's on crossovers and hence relates to filters as well.

Nice work Jester, all I can do at the mo is offer my encouragement to keep going - tbh you know a lot more about this than me ;)

However if you want I can dig up some AES references to tack on the end if you want - check pm